Instagram recently released a feature that marketers and creators have been requesting — Reels Insights.
Reels have become a vital element of Instagram’s ecology since their launch in 2019. They are now prominently displayed across the app, accessible from the main page, account pages, and Explore page.
And Instagram’s promotion of Reels is paying off. Brands and influencers are increasingly experimenting with the format. However, as the buzz surrounding it rises (today, there are 169,000 Google searches each month for the phrase “Instagram Reels”), marketers have been increasingly eager to track their performance.
Before the new upgrade, the only way to monitor the performance of Reel was to:
• Go to your account’s Reels tab to examine the number of views each Reel received (displayed at the bottom of each thumbnail)
• Open a specific Reel to see the number of likes and comments it received.
What is the purpose of Reels analytics?
Reels analytics is the process of tracking, gathering, and analyzing data to gain insight into your Reels’ performance.
Analytical insights can assist you in making more informed creative decisions and developing a more compelling content strategy. On a more general level, this can assist you in better understanding your audience and allocating your time and resources to strategies that work for them.
Reels metrics are included in Instagram analytics and should be included on your Instagram and other social media reports.
Why is it critical to track Reels analytics?
As is the case with other social media metrics, analyzing the performance of your Reels may assist you in learning from your victories, identifying opportunities, and continuously improving your performance.
Reels analytics can assist you with comprehending:
• What your target audience enjoys and despises
• When is the optimal time to upload your Reels for most reach and engagement?
• Which calls to action are well-received by your audience?
• Which augmented reality filters, effects, and music tracks are assisting you?
Maintaining a close eye on Reels Insights can also assist you in identifying patterns and determining whether spikes in Reel performance affect your total Instagram engagement.
Metrics for analytics reels
When determining whether a Reel was effective or not, the following metrics should be considered:
Instagram Reels analytics on reach
• Accounts Acquired. This metric indicates the number of unique Instagram users who saw your Reel at least once.
• Plays. This shows how many times your Reel has been viewed. It could be greater than the number of accounts contacted, as some people may view your Reel multiple times
Instagram Reels analytics on engagement
• Likes. This measure indicates the number of users that enjoyed your Reel.
• Comments. The total number of comments on a single Reel.
• Saves. This field keeps track of how many times your Reel has been bookmarked.
• Shares. The number of times your Reel was shared on Instagram or sent to another user.
To access Instagram Insights, log in to your mobile app and tap the Insights option beneath your bio:
Please keep in mind that Insights is only available to professional users. However, do not be alarmed! You can change your account type to Creator or Business in your preferences – it takes less than a minute and is accessible to brand new accounts with tiny followings.
Then navigate to Accounts and click on the Overview section:
The Reach breakdown now includes Reels analytics. According to Instagram, this is to help people understand how Reels affect an account’s performance.
To get insights specific to Reels, scroll down to the Reels section to see insights specific to Reels, scroll down the Insights overview screen, and tap the right arrow next to your Reels count. You may obtain a consolidated view of all of your Reels’ performance metrics in this section.
To view a Reel’s performance, access it from your profile and click the three-dot symbol in the bottom right corner, followed by Insights.
How to leverage Instagram Reels statistics to create more effective Reels
Now that you’ve discovered where to access your Reels statistics and why you should monitor Reels performance, it’s time to put your newfound knowledge to use.
Here are four strategies for using Reels analytics to create more effective content:
1: Experiment with various reel types
To create effective reels, you must watch a lot of reels. Without understanding current trends, you will struggle to develop a style that works for your brand.
However, what if what you enjoy does not always resonate with your audience?
Testing is critical for determining your company’s optimal visual styles, filters, effects, and trends. Additionally, with access to Reels Data, you may extract additional insights from your experiments.
Previously, you could make performance assumptions only based on comments and likes. However, a large number of comments is not always a good thing; some may be negative. Consider the following comments from a large grocery chain’s kitchen hack Reel:
With the addition of the two new engagement measures, you’ll have a clearer idea of how many users genuinely enjoyed your content (enough to save it for later or share with friends). When a Reel receives a high volume of likes, comments, saves, and shares, you’ll know something is working!
2: Experiment with various reel lengths
At the moment, Instagram allows all users to make 15- and 30-second-long Reels, with select accounts able to produce one-minute-long Reels.
Similar to trying different trends and effects, you may wish to experiment with varying reel lengths to determine which ones your audience prefers and you can also buy Instagram likes uk for quick engagement.
3: Experiment with various audio options.
Instagram has numerous possibilities for including audio in Reels. You can:
• Utilize the audio from your video clip in its entirety.
• Include a voiceover in your video
• Make use of a text-to-speech converter
• Utilize a previously recorded audio track – a song or a viral excerpt
• With access to Reels Insights, you may experiment with various settings and determine which ones perform better than others.
• Accessibility tip: Regardless of your option, ensure that your Reels have subtitles so that they are accessible to everyone!
4: Experiment with alternative posting times and days.
• This is a significant one. Enhanced Reels statistics can assist you in determining the optimal day and time of day to publish your Reels for optimum reach and interaction.
• The principle is simple – experiment with different publishing hours and carefully analyze your results to discover which time works for you and your audience. This way, you’ll never have to “waste” a great Reel by posting it when your audience isn’t available!